Followers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fruit of the Womb


William: Georgie, did you know Jesus walked on water?
Georgie: No. It was juice.

Nothing like a little theological debate to get the morning started.

Dave and I had a debate over an article in the paper a couple months ago.


Me: Honey, did you see this? Americans are currently not having enough children to replace themselves. Our population is shrinking drastically!
Dave: Yep.
Me: Dave...we should do something about this.
Dave: Oh boy. We should have never taught women how to read.
Me: Don't you want to have another baby?
Dave: Honey...I'm playing a video game.

Regardless, the Wallace family is doing our fair share of replenishing the population - at a fairly rapid pace. I had some news for Dave about a month after that conversation.



Me: Honey, I have a surprise for you.
Dave: What is it? You found sour skittles!
Me: Um, no. I'm pregnant.
Dave: .............

In that brief moment of silence we see the difference between men and women and their responses to baby news:


It took about two seconds for it to sink in and Dave was thrilled. He would like many, many olive shoots around our table. So, when I'm too tired to have any more babies, I'll go to Ace and buy him some olive shoots. :)

My parents took the news well. We shared our news with them for their anniversary gift.


Mom and Dad: Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!


Dad: Wait...does this mean you didn't buy us an anniversary gift?

We knew it was time to start spreading the news when I started getting sick. Also, they say you "show" earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. What they don't say is that when you have multiple huge babies this close together you never really stop showing.


Cashier: Aw, how far along are you?
Me: ...2 days.

That's ok. It's a small price to pay. God has been so good to us and we are overwhelmed by the blessing of children.

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3

1 comment:

  1. Deacon is nine months old and I don't think I've stopped "showing" yet. :)

    ReplyDelete